This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
Let me start this off by saying that I actually brought WAY more makeup than this on my trip. That’s because it’s a trip where I have to dress formal one night, I’m teaching a makeup class and also Halloween. So this is what I usually bring on a trip…just not this time around.
Typically I try to stick with the essentials, which is probably more than some people use. But this will get me a full face of makeup and I can just not use everything for more natural looks.
Here’s what I bring with me:
- Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation ($6) – This is a really great super matte foundation that applies beautifully with your fingers. I usually go back over it with a beauty blender just to make sure it’s smooth but it’s not necessary.
- NYX Green CC Cream ($14) – I love having a BB cream, CC cream or tinted moisturizer, just so I can throw something on my face if I don’t have time or energy for a full application.
- NYX HD Concealer ($5) – I live and die by this stuff! A perfect dupe for the NARS Creamy Concealer but way cheaper.
- e.l.f. cosmetics Studio Blush Palette ($6) – A smaller blush palette would be great but I love having a few colors to choose from.
- e.l.f. cosmetics Studio Bronzer Palette ($6) – Same as the blush palette, it’s nice to be able to do lighter or darker bronzer, depending on my mood.
- e.l.f. Studio Eyeshadow Primer ($3) – This stuff is seriously magical, apply it before your eyeshadow and liner (make sure to give it time to dry!) and it will keep your makeup in place and won’t crease!
- e.l.f. Essential Flawless Eyeshadow ($2) – These e.l.f. cosmetics eyeshadow palettes are bomb! Grab one in neutral colors and you can mix and match them for different looks.
- Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade ($18) – My only non-drugstore product but I’m so obsessed with this product. Now I just have to hope I don’t lose it on this trip!
- e.l.f. Studio Intense Ink Liner ($3) – Any black liquid liner will do, this one’s pretty thick but I love how dark it is, perfect for a dramatic wing.
- NYX Translucent Powder ($10) – After I’m done with my makeup, I dip a wet Beauty Blender in a tiny bit of the powder and blot it over my face to set everything.
- NYX Doll Eye Volumizing Mascara ($10) – My ride or die mascara – the holy grail of cruelty free! This stuff is amazing and will do WERK on those lashes.
- NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator ($7.50) – I love this one because I can easily apply it with my fingers so there’s no need for an extra brush!
- 2 lip colors, one bold, one neutral – Here I have the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella (free Sephora birthday gift!) and the NYX Liquid Suede Lip Cream in Sandstorm ($6)
- Beauty blender for concealer, foundation and translucent powder
- Real Techniques Blush Brush ($9)
- Eyebrow brush & spoolie – mine are old but here’s a fantastic duo brush for $3
- Shading brush for eyeshadow (here’s a great one that’s only $6!)
- Beauty Blender ($20 each) – I use this to blend out my foundation and concealer.
Okay, I know this seems like a lot….but I love the flexibility these products offer. Also if I’m traveling, chances are I’m going to be running around all day so I don’t want to have to worry about my makeup sliding off. Even if you don’t typically use drugstore makeup, these products are all fantastic and would be perfect for travel! Then if you lose them you’re out a LOT less money!
What do you like to travel with? A full makeup bag or just a few key products?