This post was sponsored by Vera Wang Fragrances as part of an Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
The last few weeks have been a lesson in self care and self love for me. Since February, I’ve been struggling with a weird pain in two of my fingers and my wrist – I’ve been to a normal doctor and a nerve specialist and neither of them could give me a straight answer. The pain was starting to affect my daily life – I haven’t blogged in the last week because the pain was so severe. My self esteem had taken a nosedive and I was so frustrated it brought me to tears. It was really affecting every part of my life.
After struggling in pain for months, I finally decided I was worth it and took matters into my own hands. I went to see a chiropractor and a massage therapist and sure enough – I’ve already seen HUGE improvements in the amount of pain I’m experiencing.
I refuse to let this happen again. Life is too short to spend months and months feeling unhappy, so I’ve decided that I’m going to take more steps to practice self care. I know I’m not alone, so I’m sharing 5 ways you can practice self care in your own life to feel your most confident, comfortable and beautiful.
- Pamper yourself with a beautiful fragrance – I’ve been wearing Vera Wang Embrace Collection, Marigold and Gardenia every day for the last few weeks and it’s amazing what a big difference it makes. I’ve received numerous compliments and it just makes me feel confident when I smell delicious – it’s also long lasting, which is crucial when you’re always on the go. This dreamy and fruity floral fragrance gives you time to celebrate yourself every single day – and I promise you deserve it. Enter the giveaway below for the chance to win your own Vera Wang Embrace fragrance kit!
- Listen to your body – If you’re in pain, try to fix it. Don’t be like me and wait months before finally taking a step to improve your situation. I’ve had a hunch since March that a chiropractor might help but I just told myself I was “too busy” or “shouldn’t spend the money,” which is nonsense. I think as women we sometimes put ourselves and our health last and that’s not how it should be!
- Treat yourself – It doesn’t have to be something major like a diamond bracelet (although if that’s in your budget, do you!), but treat yourself. Buy flowers, buy yourself some delicious cookies, take yourself to dinner, or buy yourself a new fragrance. Like I said, I’m loving the Vera Wang Embrace Collection, Marigold and Gardenia – and it’s available in-store and online at Kohl’s!
- Get all dressed up…for no reason – Not ALL women but lots of women love getting dressed up but don’t get to do it very often. Throw on your absolute favorite outfit and (if you want) a full face of makeup – then do whatever you want! Snuggle up on the couch alone and watch a movie, go grab some ice cream and see how many heads turn. Just have fun with it! Oh and don’t forget to spritz on some Vera Wang Embrace before you leave 🙂
- Take time to do something you love – Carve out a few minutes every single day just for you. That might mean drawing a nice bath, reading your favorite book or spending an hour at the gym. Whatever your day looks like, just make sure you have a few minutes all to yourself.
What do you like to do to practice self care and feel more beautiful? Don’t forget to enter the giveaway below to win a set of all four Vera Wang Embrace Fragrances!