This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GoodyStyle #CollectiveBias
I’ve had bleached and color treated hair for quite some time, and I’m basically on a never ending quest to find the perfect routine for my hair. It’s easy to drop loads and loads of money on products promising to perfect your dry, damaged hair – and as we all know, some work much better than others. Here are some easy (and budget friendly!) ways to help improve the condition of your dry, damaged hair. Of course in addition to this, you’ll also want to work in a good sulfate free shampoo and conditioner (or cleansing conditioner if that’s your jam), heat protectant, leave in products, etc….but hey, I’m keeping it simple today.
1. After you wash your hair, NEVER rub your hair with a towel like you would the rest of your body. Instead gently squeeze your hair in sections with the towel to get rid of the excess water. This is going to help prevent breakage and excess tangling.
2. Once your hair starts to get oily, use cornstarch on your roots (instead of dry shampoo)! I love this budget-friendly alternative to dry shampoo. You can apply it with your fingers (by far the messiest option, but also the easiest), sprinkle it on with a salt shaker or you can use a fluffy makeup brush to apply it to your roots. Make sure to rub the cornstarch in to get rid of the white and blend it in with your natural color. Some people like to use baby powder but I’m not a fan of the smell – cornstarch is fragrance free!
3. Use the Goody Clean Radiance Oval Cushion Brush daily to help promote healthy and radiant hair. The copper bristles massage your scalp and over time help reduce buildup – and if you’re using dry shampoo or cornstarch on your roots between washes, you’re definitely going to get some buildup. I wasn’t sure what to think about the Goody Clean Radiance Oval Cushion Brush, but I’m loving it and it really does make my hair much shinier! For best results, use this brush on dry hair and make sure you don’t use it with a blowdryer, the copper bristles will get hot! That buildup has to go somewhere (ew) so make sure to clean your brush periodically with a mixture of lemon juice and water and then wipe clean. OH and did I mention if you use your Cartwheel app, you can get 20% off this brush 3/13-19?Make sure you’re constantly checking your Cartwheel app for Goody offers – you never know what awesome deals are going to pop up! I kid you not, I’ve saved $185 over the last two years using Cartwheel – between that and my Target Red Card savings…that’s a lot of money.
4. Make your hair last one more day before wash day by wearing a cute updo once your hair starts to feel a little greasy. If your hair is too short for a ponytail or top bun, you can just pull up the front part or wear a braid! Just remember to dust those roots with cornstarch and use Goody Ouchless Elastics to minimize breakage. They come in neutrals or fun colors and patterns (guess which ones my favorites are) AND since they don’t have metal, they won’t snag and break your hair like normal elastics. Plus you get 10x more ponytails than other elastic brands so you’re definitely getting the best bang for your buck!
5. The night before your “wash day,” coat your hair in oil overnight for an all natural hair masque. My favorites are coconut oil or grapeseed oil but even olive oil will work! Make sure you focus on washing those roots the next morning so they’re not greasy!