Last night I had the pleasure of attending a grand opening event for a new salon here in DFW – Camille Alban Salon. Now, Dallas has it’s fair share of high end salons, but this one really struck my fancy because it’s right in my backyard here in Addison! The
champagne vodka mixed drinks, Tiff’s Treats, door prizes and hors d’eouvres were all fantastic but to be honest, the salon itself was the real treat!
A few of the high points about Camille Alban Salon:
- All of the stylists wear white because they REALLY care about cleanliness and sterilization so they reflect that in what they wear as well.
- Speaking of cleanliness, all of the towels are sterilized and then wrapped in plastic and opened right in front of you before your service.
- This salon doesn’t just claim to be “French” – they actually bring French stylists over to train everyone on the proper techniques!
- They have their own hair product line that’s 98-99% natural and plant based.
- They specialize in the ever-popular bayalage technique…but remember, they actually do it the proper, French way! If you’re gonna do it, you better do it right!
Now for this event, I had two outfits planned and neither of them ended up working out! One didn’t really look like I wanted it to, and the other dress is currently MIA….not happy about that. SO I ended up pulling out this cobalt number.
Dress: Forever 21 (free; similar) | Shoes: Target ($10; exact) | Necklace: Bauble Bar ($10; similar and on sale for $10!) | Purse: DSW ($20; similar) | I can’t remember where I got the headband….sorry!
Photos by Sevi of Ware is the Vodka
The beauty of this dress is it’s actually a hand me down from my dear friend Stephanie Drenka – you can see how she styled it here! Unfortunately the dress sold out before I could purchase it so when Stephanie decided she was done with it, I knew it had to be mine! The moral of the story is, swap with your friends when you’re tired of your clothes and everyone wins.
Since this wasn’t a super formal occasion, I decided to dress the whole look down with buckled booties, a simple necklace and a headband. My favorite part about this dress is the tiiiiiny hint of skin that shows. To be perfectly honest, I’ve been feeling really self conscious about my weight lately, so I love that I can show a little midriff and still feel confident.
Since it’s Thursday, you know what that means….fashion bloggers, don’t forget to link up your outfits below!
Got an outfit post to share? Link it up below!!! Here’s what to do:
1. Subscribe to my newsletter and/or follow me on social media! (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest)
2. Link up a favorite outfit post from your blog! If it is made of threads, it works for Thursday Threads!
3. Visit some other blogs from the link up!