This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
Listen guys. This outfit is hilariously out of season. I took this photo a few weeks ago when it was still super warm here in Dallas and now it’s like….in the forties. Embarrassing.
So I’m not really going to address this outfit except to say that sandals with socks are the perfect way to wear your favorite heels in the winter! If I threw some tights and a jacket on, this outfit would be totally winter appropriate.
Also, Adventure Time fans, look closely at my shirt. Yep, that’s Ice King and Gunter <3 (You can find me wearing another similar Adventure Time shirt in this post.)
Top: We Love Fine ($35 – almost sold out!) | Skirt: Forever 21 via Buffalo Exchange (this one is on sale and still available in lots of sizes!) | Shoes: DSW (similar and on sale; similar and under $25!) | Glasses: Warby Parker (exact available here) | Photos by Taylor Gardner of Dallastyle
INSTEAD I want to address something else today – the different ways to follow this here blog. I actually feel a little weird posting this, but I’ve had lots of folks ask me lately and I’m always like uhhh….well…because honestly it’s more complicated than it used to be.
Social media is great and all, but because there’s such a big opportunity to make money, it’s getting harder and harder for bloggers to get seen on social media unless we pay for ads. And even then, there’s a good chance you won’t see our content. The buzzword you’ve probably heard is “algorithms” and basically that means for Facebook and Instagram, they determine what you see based on what they think you will like instead of just showing everything chronologically. So here’s a breakdown of how you can follow your favorite bloggers (including me!) and which one I think is the best.
– Bloglovin‘ – First and foremost, this is probably the best way to keep up with my blog if you want to read every single post. Admittedly, I don’t use Bloglovin’ much but I think it’s time for me to start it up again. When you follow a blog, Bloglovin’ adds it to your “feed,” which you can scroll through and read the posts from all your fave blogs at your leisure. You can mark posts as read (my FAVE feature) so they disappear once you read them and now they even have a browser extension! They’ll ALSO send emails so you know when new posts are live (you can also change the frequency of emails if you don’t want them super often). Pretty amazing, right? You can follow me on Bloglovin’ here!
– Instagram – Most of us LOVE Instagram. It’s such a fun platform to post to, you can find some amazing creatives and it’s great for engaging with new people. BUT it’s not necessarily the best way to keep up with new blog posts. Sometimes I don’t post them or, as I mentioned above, the algorithm might keep you from seeing my posts! If you haven’t liked or commented on one of my Instagram photos recently or if my post isn’t doing so well, Insta might not show it to you. Lame, right? One way to combat this is to turn on notifications for my posts, but do you really want to do that for all the bloggers you like? I sure don’t. Click here to follow me on Instagram!
– Facebook – Basically, repeat everything I said above about the Instagram algorithm. Often times less than TEN people see the stuff I post on Facebook. I’m not kidding. FB is serious about their paid ads, y’all. Like Instagram, you can turn on post notifications for Facebook as well, if you are on there regularly and prefer following brands that way. You can find my Facebook page here.
– Twitter – Same as the above. You’ll hopefully see my posts pop through your timeline here and there but Twitter moves FAST so if that’s the only way you’re looking for new posts, chances are you’ll miss them. Click here to follow me on Twitter (warning, I tweet a lot!)
– Email newsletter – Lol. If you’re signed up for my newsletter, you know why I’m laughing. Shamefully I don’t even know when the last time I sent out an email is…that is going to have to go on my goals for 2017. This SHOULD be a great way to follow my posts, I just need to do better. Click here to subscribe to my newsletter…I promise to start using it more very soon!
Please don’t get me wrong…I am SO thankful for each and every social media follow, like, and comment. And as far as sponsorships go, those follows are CRUCIAL. So if you follow me anywhere, please know that I am so grateful. I just want to make sure you guys know the very best (and worst) ways to find out about new posts. I think this info pertains to pretty much any blog, but if you’re a blogger and you feel differently, definitely let me know!
- How do you follow your favorite bloggers?
- How do you find out about MY posts? How did you end up here today?