Happy first small goals post of 2017! This officially marks the start of my 2nd year doing small goals and I’m honestly so excited – my small goals last year really helped me stay focused and achieve my goals. This month’s small goals post comes a little late because the first Monday of this month was reserved for the word of the year. If you missed that post, you can check it out here. Otherwise, it’s time to chat about January small goals! Per usual, I’m linking up with the always lovely, Nicole. Make sure to check out her small goals post and while you’re at it, read a few others who linked up! Here’s a look at my December goals:
It’s the last small goals post of the year! I’ve gotta be honest, I’m really proud of myself for keeping up with these goal posts all year. I’m so thankful to Nicole for starting this link up, otherwise there’s no way I would have made it. Having these small goals has made it much easier to achieve so many of my 2016 goals (which I should probably review here pretty soon, shouldn’t I?) We all know December snuck up so let’s stop talking about it, and start reviewing November’s goals!
This post isn’t sponsored but does contain a handful of affiliate links. If you click and/or purchase anything using one of those links, I receive a few cents back. Thanks for helping keep this blog running. <3 GUYS it’s August. How is that even possible?! I feel like we’re racing towards the end of the year and the holiday season will be here before we know it…mainly because for me the holiday season kicks off in October because Halloween is my FAVE.
Am I the only person who is totally reliant on my planner? Sometimes I don’t reference it for a few days and I get all out of whack – which is EXACTLY what happened to me with yesterday’s post! I don’t usually post on Mondays but Sunday I was feeling excited for the week to begin and got an outfit post ready. BAM – good job, Valery. Oh wait….I was supposed to do my small goals post that day. Awesome.
Soooooo it may be a day late, but it’s here! Don’t forget, I’m linking up with Writes Like a Girl so head that way and check out the other small goals posts! First thing’s first, time to review last month’s goals.
I must be getting old because seriously every month this year has FLOWN by! My birthday is in exactly two weeks – WHAT?!
One thing that I did in March that I didn’t include on my goals but I’m super proud of is I cleaned out my closet HARDCORE, sold a bunch of stuff and took the rest to Goodwill. Now I’m working on filling in the gaps to complete my closet and I’m thrilled about it. Okay, okay, it’s time to recap last month’s small goals and gear up for April!
Let’s do it.
Linking up with Nicole from Writes Like a Girl for her monthly small goals series! HOW is it already March? Commence freakout now. Honestly, the thing I’m most upset about is now it’s basically spring and I only wore my faux fur coat like once because we didn’t even get a real winter here in Dallas. WHO AM I?!
Okay, let’s get down to business. I’m reviewing last month’s small goals and I’m notttttt feeling great about it. So let’s get into it.
In 2015, this blog transitioned from kind of an all over the place lifestyle blog with NO niche to a pretty strict affordable fashion and beauty blog. Although I don’t want to go too far off the path I’ve carved here, I like the idea of including some posts that show a little more of my personality.
Nicole of Writes Like a Girl has a regular series that I really enjoy reading – each month she sets some small goals for herself, then at the beginning of the next month sets more goals and assesses goals from the previous month. I’ve already (privately) set a lot of goals for 2016 but I love the idea of being transparent and sharing some of my monthly goals here. Plus, what’s better than accountability of friends? Public shame!
- Read a book – This is kind of embarrassing to include but reading TOTALLY fell by the wayside for me once the holidays picked up. I need a quick read to get me back on track (always open to suggestions!) I tend to enjoy mysteries and sci fi best, so I’ll probably snag something along those lines.
- Post here 3-4 times a week – I was relatively consistent last year with my number of posts but since I’m traveling twice in January I know it will be easy for me to fall off the wagon.
- Engage more on social media – I’m GREAT at posting to social media. Things I’m not so great at? Engaging. I schedule things out and then by the time I’m done with that, I just forget (or am too lazy) to get back on and connect, which is insane and super selfish.
- Post at least 2 YouTube videos – I LOVE doing YouTube but for some reason it hasn’t been as fruitful as I had hoped so I’ve been a little discouraged lately. Here’s to at least 2 videos in the month of January. ps if you have any thoughts on what you might want to see on YT, def let me know! You can comment or email or hit me up on social media 🙂
- Come up with a spending limit for 2016 for clothes – I almost didn’t include this because I REALLY don’t wannaaaaaa. But I need to make sure I track my spending better this year than I did last year and I think a quarterly budget is a great way to do that. I’m going to spend this month doing some number crunching to see what I can afford and then I’m gonna be hitting up the sales to make the most of it!
- Establish a workout routine and stick to it – BOO. Another thing I’m not stoked about but I have to do it. I currently have a gym membership but I’ve realized that I alway just rotate between the treadmill, rowing machine and elliptical and I’m getting sick of it. Plus now that I’m traveling more I’d like something I can do while I’m away. I recently discovered that BeachBody has a streaming service and it’s super affordable so I think that’s the way to go.
- Practice hand lettering – One of my Christmas gifts was a hand lettering book and I’ve started practicing my strokes! I want to make this a daily practice and eventually turn it into more of a therapeutic hobby. There’s no better feeling than creating something with your own two hands.
So that’s it! I’ll be revisiting all of these at the beginning of February so stick around for that! Also don’t forget to check out Nicole’s blog so you can see everyone else’s goals! What about you? Have you set any short term goals for the month? Share them below!