This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyLondonLook #CollectiveBias
Summer is almost here, which means it’s that time of year where you put on makeup and it feels like it’s just melting off your face, right? Wrong! Thank goodness with the right products, you can keep your summer look in check and stay looking fresh faced all day – it’s just a matter of applying the right products in the right order, namely making sure you start with a good primer! This daytime summer look can be adjusted to your personal style and it’s easy enough for anyone, whether you’re a makeup expert or you have never worn makeup in your life!
Today I’m using Rimmel London products – they’re an awesome, affordable company. Rimmel believes in breaking rules and not focusing on just one interpretation of beauty, which I absolutely love! Their products are trendy and wearable but they’re easily accessible and won’t break the bank either.
- Primer – First, make a silly face like I did in the top left photo 🙂 THEN apply a primer. I’m loving the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer, the formula is very lightweight and helps control shine for up to 8 hours under makeup. It also dries SUPER fast, which is a plus for me since I’m almost always running late. Just being honest.
- Concealer – For a daytime look like this, I prefer to apply under eye concealer before foundation. It just looks a little more natural and keeps your undereye area from being too bright.
- Foundation – This time I went with the Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation (I used the shade 081 Fair Ivory), it comes in a nice plastic squeeze tube that makes traveling super easy. Also it applies really nicely with your fingertips! This formula is really lightweight but it is definitely MATTE, making it perfect for summer so you’re not feeling oily all day.
- Brows – Y’all know I can’t leave the house without taking care of my brows! I’m using the Rimmel Brow This Way Brow Sculpting Kit (Medium Brown), which I am totally loving because it comes with the products AND brushes you need in one little kit! I usually skip out on the brushes that come with brow products but this one is really nice. It comes with a wax and a powder so you can mix and match those as you’d like. I brushed through my brows with the included spoolie first, then used the powder at the front of my brows and pulled the wax through the back 2/3 of my brows.
- Eyeshadow – Simple is the key today, so I’m sticking with one…yes ONE shadow, and no liner! I used the Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick in the shade Bulletproof Beige and it’s LOVELY. It gave me a bit of shine without too much color. I put it on my lid and blended the edges out a tad with my finger. Then I went ahead and ran it all the way along my bottom lash line into the corner. The subtle shine gave me just what I needed to look a little more alert.
- Mascara – Now just apply your favorite mascara like you normally would. I’m dying to try the Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara….it tints your lashes as you use it so after 2 weeks you’ll have darker lashes, even when you’re not wearing the mascara! Genius. (It’s not permanent and will wear off gradually if you discontinue use.)
- Contour and Highlight – It’s time to put some color back into that face and the Kate Sculpting Kit is the perfect all in one product to accomplish this. I like to start with highlight on my cheek bone, then sweep the contour shade down from the hairline towards the mouth. SLOWLY build the color up – less is more! Then once you’ve got the desired shade, apply blush! I like to smile and place the blush just on the outside of the apples of my cheek, but this will depend on your face shape.
- Setting Spray (optional) – Thankfully this foundation doesn’t really require a setting powder but you will more than likely want to set it with something. I just misted my face in a setting spray and it kept everything in tact. Bonus: if you want to be SUPER glowy, apply more highlight to your cheek bone while your face is still wet from the setting spray.
- Lip gloss – To keep this look fresh and summery, use a lip gloss instead of a lipstick. I know, I know, but I promise you’ll look soooo awake and gorgeous. I used Rimmel Stay Glossy in the shade Blushing Belgraves. Something more neutral (as opposed to a red or bright pink) will help you achieve that fresh faced “no makeup” makeup look.
That’s it! It’s seriously so easy and I think this is going to be my new summer go-to look! I don’t feel weighed down by my makeup but I’m still feeling very fierce! You can find out more about Rimmel London here – they have so many wonderful products and I can’t wait to grab more for my collection. I picked up these Rimmel products at my local Walmart in the cosmetics section, just look for their name at the top of the display. Deal alert! Save up to $4.50 on RIMMEL London products with Ibotta.
Happy (almost) summer, y’all!