This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
Happy Labor Day, y’all! If you’re working today, I hope you get a little time to relax. If you’re off work today, I hope you’re enjoying it and make SURE to be extra nice to anyone you encounter who IS working. If you go to a restaurant, a store, or anywhere else – say hello and give a smile to the people working there! Greet them by name! Just be nice, okay?
I was dreading writing this post because I didn’t do so great on my August small goals. I let my travels and stress totally derail me, which is a bummer, but hey…it happens. And there’s always the next month! Also, per usual, I’m linking up with Nicole of Writes Like a Girl – don’t forget to check out posts from the other people who link up!
Continue working out at least 4x per week– I actually did this! I’m counting all the walking I did in Chicago as exercise (because 15-16K steps a day is over twice what I normally do!)
- Don’t spend any more money – I actually did okay with this one, but I bought more than I originally planned at Comic Con. So I can’t say I actually succeeded…but I tried?
Get back on track with Pinterest– Hollaaaaaaaa – really proud of myself for this one. I’m still a tad behind on pinning my own stuff but I’ve had pins going out daily and my account is growing so I’m happy with it. PS If you want to grow your Pinterest following, I HIGHLY recommend this course (affiliate link) – Pinfinite Growth. It has been such a game changer for me and my blog traffic! Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have questions about the course, I’d be happy to answer them.
- Design some dang business cards – lol what? No. I didn’t even think about this.
- Use MyFitnessPal to track eating daily – Eh, no. I would say I did this for about half the month but that’s not quite good enough.
Bonus: Enjoy the heck out of Chicago– Thank goodness I added this to the list – totally nailed it! Recap of the trip coming later this week 🙂
To be honest, 3 out of 6 is better than I expected! Here’s what’s on my radar for September:
- Get rid of my extra clothes – I have a basket of stuff Plato’s Closet wouldn’t take, so I need to find a new home for them.
- Apply for more sponsored posts – August was a slow month for me as far as sponsored posts go, but now that back to school is over, I need to apply for (and hopefully get!) a few more sponsored posts.
- Business cards – I’m adding this back on the list because honestly, it really needs to get done! Need to design and print some business cards.
- Post on Instagram at least 28 times – The actual goal is to post on Instagram every day in the month of September but this gives me a bit of wiggle room.
- Finish the blogging courses I have purchased – I have a few blogging courses that I would like to complete before the end of the month. One is by the same woman who made Pinfinite Growth, it’s called Social Media Superhero and you can get it here for $37 – this is an affiliate link, just FYI!
- What are you working on this month? Let me know so I can cheer you on!
- Where did 2016 go? Explain it to me, please.