This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
2016 was trash but apparently it was just getting us ready for 2017. I don’t know if things are really getting worse in the world or if we just have a more pessimistic outlook, but things have really felt terrible this year. Waking up to the terrible news of what happened in Las Vegas was absolutely gutting. It’s still too fresh for me to say a whole lot, but it felt uncomfortable to not say anything in this post. One thing I will say is thoughts and prayers aren’t enough. They just aren’t. We say this after every tragedy but if we don’t start taking action soon things are just going to escalate. I honestly don’t know much about pushing for greater gun control besides voting in the right people, so if you have resources to share, please do.
Personally, I have had my fair share of ups and downs this year, and I know a lot of you guys are in the same boat. August was a bad month for me with small goals, and unfortunately September was too. My husband getting laid off really hit us hard, but we’re trying to remain hopeful and optimistic. September was mostly about “survival mode” for me – just doing my best to take care of myself mentally and to support my husband the best ways I could.
- Establish a new style ID – Unfortunately I didn’t do this, but I DID get through the first chapter of the Feel Good, Dress Better Workbook and cleaned out my closet! So that’s something.
Be more intentional with blogging– Yes! More of this in the coming months as well. Get a new schedule in place– Check! I still need to tweak this a bit, but things are looking good.
- Workout regularly and stick with Insanity Max 30 – Nope. When I get crazy stressed, my physical health is the first thing to go (it’s a terrible habit). When I get back to Denver Tuesday night, I plan on getting back on track this week.
- Paint/organize linen closet and paint dining room – Linen closet got painted but that’s it 🙁 Painting isn’t cheap but it *does* cost money and we’re not spending on anything that’s not a must-have right now.
October is going to be a “get back on track” month for me personally, plus a focus on business. Here we go!
- Make some changes to the Everyday Unicorns shop – I don’t want to give away too much, but I’m going to be making a few changes to the shop. More on that later!
- Design some fall and winter designs – I loooooove sweatshirts and long sleeved shirts, so I’m excited to add more of those to the shop! So long, summer!
- Finish the online courses I’ve started – In the last year I’ve purchased several business courses and sadly, I have quite a few that I need to finish. This month I’m making it a top priority so that I get my money’s worth and, hopefully, improve my business strategies!
- Keep a tidy house – My husband and I both really (mentally) benefit from having a neat living space. With all the stress we’re going through, I know keeping things clean and tidy will really help out!
- Establish a holiday season plan for my blog and Everyday Unicorns – ’Tis the season for tons of sales and content! This is the first time I’ve EVER planned a holiday strategy in advance so I’m pretty stoked about this one.
Let’s do this, October! Ready to kick Q4’s booty! Per usual, I’m linking up with Writes Like a Girl, so make sure to check out the other small goals posts there!