This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Breathe Right® Nasal Strips. All opinions are mine alone. #TomorrowStartsTonight #CollectiveBias
We all know that a good day starts with a good night’s rest the night before. There’s nothing worse than waking up groggy and exhausted, knowing you have a full day ahead of you. It’s even worse when you were kept up the night before because your partner had nasal congestion. To be honest, lately I’ve been the one doing the mouth breathing in the family – my allergies have been on the fritz, and it has made it difficult for my husband to sleep! Thankfully I’ve incorporated Breathe Right® Nasal Strips into my nighttime routine, and it has made a world of difference.
Here’s what my evenings look like, once I finally decide it’s time to go to bed.
- First things first, I close my laptop, leave it downstairs and put my phone into Do Not Disturb mode. Unfortunately, I am addicted to my electronics, so I have to take extra steps to make myself get into rest mode.
- Next, I change into some comfy pajamas and make sure I have a full glass of water on my bedside table. I usually don’t drink much of it, but I hate waking up in the middle of the night super thirsty and having to go all the way downstairs!
- Then I remove my makeup, usually with a face wipe and then wash my face with a gentle cleanser. My face is super sensitive so I always use gentle, unscented cleansers. I follow that with a light moisturizer and eye cream. I avoid putting moisturizer on the middle of my nose because that’s where my nasal strip will go. I find that it sticks better when I don’t moisturize there.
- Last, I apply a Breathe Right® Nasal Strips. This helps open up my nasal passages so I can breathe easier at night without taking any medication (although these products are drug free, so they can be used with any cough/cold medicine, too). My husband and I both are the kind of people who need a good night sleep to get through the day – I honestly don’t know how I pulled all those all nighters in college! Getting a better night’s sleep means more productivity the next day, better moods and just an overall better day!
Make sure you’re applying and removing your nasal strips properly! You want to have a clean nose and apply the strips so that the tabs cover the part of your nostril that flares. Once it’s in place, gently rub so it sticks well, and you’re ready to go. Use the instructions provided in the package, and click here to visit the Breathe Right YouTube channel to see proper application and removal techniques. (Hint: in the morning, leave the strip on while you wash your face and then remove it!) I picked up my nasal strips at my local Walmart, this time I bought the Extra Tan strips because they have a strong adhesive – click here to get $1 off your purchase of Breathe Right Strips and/or get a free sample!
Making the most out of your day really does start with the night before – make sure you stick with your nightly routine so you can get a good night’s sleep and feel your absolute best in the morning. If you or your partner suffers from nasal congestion, don’t forget to grab some Breathe Right® Nasal Strips from Walmart – you can even get them via Walmart.com. If you go in the store, you can find the nasal strips in the Cold/Flu aisle – here’s where mine were located!
- What’s the most important part of your nightly routine?
- Do you suffer from nasal congestion? Have you ever tried Breathe Right Nasal Strips?