This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
Well, it’s that time of the month! No, not that time…thank goodness. It’s time for monthly small goals. Per usual, I’m linking up with the always lovely Nicole of Writes Like a Girl, so don’t forget to go check out her post (and all the other bloggers who linked up!) April was my birthday month and it was a total whirlwind. That being said – I don’t think I did TOO bad. I feel like April was a big month of growth for me, so I’m really proud of where I ended up.
- Send out 3 email newsletters – Nope nope nope. Only one (well two if you could the one that went out today). That being said, I’m giving myself a little grace on this one – after a LONG time of trying to revamp my newsletter I realized I needed a pro to step in. I purchased a template but it’s not quite working like I want it to. It’s still an improvement but I want to make sure it’s perfect before you guys see the new newsletter – I promise it’s going to be worth the wait. While we’re at it, you can click here to subscribe if you’re into that sort of thing.
Meal plan all month long– Check! Because of my birthday I had a LOT of meals out but I still made sure to have plans all month long. I’m planning on doing even better this month, tomorrow I’m grocery shopping for the next two weeks! Perfect my video setup– Check! There’s still work to be done but I’m SO happy with how my videos have been looking. The ring light I bought totally did the trick and I’m absolutely thrilled. Check out my most recent video here and let me know what you think!
- Grow #offbeat bloggers to 50 members – Oof nope. Still got a long way to go on this one, I need to get creative to reach some new folks. If you’re an offbeat blogger and want to join us, just send a request here!
Stay off the computer on Fridays– Check! Not blogging (or really being on my computer) an entire day was an embarrassingly hard challenge. That being said, it’s forcing me to become more efficient the other six days of the week and I’m all about that. Even if you don’t have a bum wrist or nerve inflammation, I highly recommend getting yourself away from the computer once a week. Work out 5 times per week– Check! This one was tough but I made sure to do some running/walking when I missed Kaia. Also I ran my first “virtual race” with the Hogwarts Running Club and I’ve already signed up for my next one. Clean up my personal inbox and unsubscribe from unnecessary email lists– Check! This one was HARD, y’all. I had over 3000 unread messages (plus tons of read ones too…oof). I ended up using Unroll.Me to unsubscribe from as much as I could. Now as I get “junk” type emails, I’m trying to manually unsubscribe from ones I don’t like that I missed using Unroll.me. Hoping to not let it get that out of control again. Choose a new blog theme and install– Check! SO STINKING HAPPY with how my blog looks and there’s 100% no way I could have done it on my own. Thank you so much to the incredibly sweet and talented Stephanie Drenka for making sure I didn’t break my blog when installing the new theme.
6 out of 8 – not too shabby since one was somewhat out of my control. Alright, let’s get May goals up and running.
- Engage 3x a week on Instagram – I got SUPER discouraged with Instagram for a while and kind of backed away, but I’ve been feeling the love lately (especially after my image got featured on ColourPop’s account). So I’m back at it but I STILL need to do a better job engaging so giving myself an actual concrete goal should help.
- Set (and stick with) a flexible cleaning schedule – I’ve finally started to do a little bit of regular cleaning (instead of trying to do EVERYTHING all in one day) and it’s working really well, so I want to get a schedule going for the whole week.
- Reel the spending back in – Okay so I took the “treat yourself” thing a little too seriously in April…just ask my husband lol. That being said, since I don’t have the birthday month excuse anymore, I’m ready to stick with my spending limit for the month of May and get back on track.
- Keep my nails looking awesome all month – I work from home so I do NOT wear makeup, fix my hair, or even get dressed every day. That being said, I LOVE when my nails look cute and I have tons of great Jamberrys so this month I’m going to make sure my nails are always looking top notch. It’s an easy thing to do that helps me feel more confident, even if the rest of me is looking a little cray.
- Drink at least 20 green smoothies – I know this is a weirdly specific goal but I have a good reason! My HOPE is to drink a green smoothie every day, but let’s be honest it’s not going to happen every day. But having 20 in one month is pretty intense so I think it’s a fair goal to set.
Alright dudes – spill it. What are you working on this month? Leave one small goal below so I can encourage you!