This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
Linking up with Nicole from Writes Like a Girl for her monthly small goals series! HOW is it already March? Commence freakout now. Honestly, the thing I’m most upset about is now it’s basically spring and I only wore my faux fur coat like once because we didn’t even get a real winter here in Dallas. WHO AM I?!
Okay, let’s get down to business. I’m reviewing last month’s small goals and I’m notttttt feeling great about it. So let’s get into it.
- Hit 3000 followers on Instagram – Yikes, not even close. I hardly had a net gain in followers this month. I know a lot of people are expressing frustration with Instagram right now, engagement and followers are really low. I’m assuming a lot of it has to do with the new algorithms and not showing everything in the feed. So lame. The good news is, I’ve been committing way more time to Twitter and I’m seeing lots of gains there! More on that later.
- No meat for the month – Hmmm this didn’t end up happening either. After 2 weeks of vegetarian, my husband and I had BOTH gained weight. I was sick part of the time, then life happened so yes, we were eating vegetarian but it was super unhealthy. Lots of cheese and carbs. Instead we’ve switched to doing more meal prep, eating more veggies and less eating out.
Work out at least 3x a week– I did it!!!! I’ve been attending Kaia Fit North Dallas and it has been such a blessing to my life. I’lll elaborate more in another post, but for now just know that I HIGHLY recommend it if you’re in the North Dallas area and I’d love for you to come join me. Keep our home clean and tidy– This could’ve been better but I’m going to give myself a win. My husband and I both are getting much better at keeping things tidy and we seem to get annoyed with smaller messes than we used to (in a good way!) Finalize new branding– Obviously it’s not up yet but I’m going to call this a win too. I’ve got it narrowed down to a few logo choices so it will be live very soon!
3 out of 5….that’s almost a passing grade, right? Now, onto March goals! I’m kind of making this month a lot about finances and tying up loose ends, which is very exciting!
- Work out 4x per week – Working out 3x a week wasn’t too difficult, so I think I can safely increase this to four. Kaia offers classes 5 days a week so this still gives me one “skip day” per week if I want/need it.
- Hit 800 Twitter followers – I’ve been spending more and more time on Twitter lately and I’m actually enjoying it more than IG (gasp!) It’s so much easier to build a community and connect with people and actually figure out WHO they are. Shameless plug: you can follow me on Twitter here!
- Get one paid campaign – I almost didn’t put this on here because I feel kind of weird saying this to you…but hey, it’s a goal! I’ve done a few paid campaigns this year and it’s really helped decrease the financial burden of running a blog, plus I try to make sure there’s always useful content for you guys included in those posts. Hoping to get another one in March!
- Make a plan for closing Etsy store – Hi, another thing I’m super nervous to share because only a FEW people know about this. I’ve been selling stuff on Etsy for a few years now, but it’s about time to shut ‘er down. It takes up too much of my space mentally and physically that I want to free up for other things I’m more passionate about. I’ve made a plan for some of my inventory but I need to figure out a good way to get rest of it and set a timeline for everything.
- Pay off a credit card – If you’re on my mailing list, you already know my husband and I are working hard to stick with a budget, pay off debt and build up savings. We’re really ahead of schedule for debt (YAY) and I think with some hard work, by the end of the month I’ll have a credit card completely paid off! Once debt is paid off we can funnel more money into savings and travel…wooooooo.
So what do you have going on this month? Share some small goals in the comments and don’t forget to head over to Nicole’s blog to see her small goals (and everyone else who’s linking up!)