Photo by Stephanie Drenka
Well folks, we’re in the last month of Quarter 1 of 2017! I’m honestly feeling really good about what I’ve accomplished so far this year. Have I been way too busy? Yep. Have I accomplished a lot? Tons. If you’ve never read a small goals post before, each month I link up with Nicole of Writes Like a Girl to set small goals for the month. It really helps me focus and decide where to spend the majority of my time. Even if you’re not a blogger I would highly recommend setting small goals!
Here’s how I did for February:
Keep up with my small goals– CHECK! I put my small goals on a sticky note in my planner and that helped me loads. 4 beauty posts on my blog– Yes! Well, sort of. I am counting the Dove Advanced Care post as beauty, which is a bit of a stretch…I’m counting it. Re-establish a cleaning schedule– Done! I just started implementing this last week but it’s already helping. I think each week it will get a little easier. In case you need some inspiration, here’s the schedule I went with (keep in mind I live in a relatively small townhome). Each day I just tell my husband what we need to accomplish for the day and we divvy up the responsibilities.
- Monday – Tidy office areas & clean bathrooms
- Tuesday – Tidy bedroom & dust the downstairs (living room, dining room)
- Wednesday – Tidy downstairs area & vacuum the whole house
- Thursday – Laundry & deep clean the kitchen
- Friday & Saturday – Nothing/catch up on anything we missed
- Sunday – Vacuum (do Monday chores if there’s time)
Finish at least one book– Yep! I finished Yes, Please and it was a joy!
- Drink 3 (or less) Cokes a week – Almost! I would say on average I drank 4 per week, which is honestly still really good for me.
4 out of 5 is the best I’ve done in a while! Plus I worked really hard towards the 5th goal so I’m feeling great. Here’s what I have on the agenda for March:
- Establish a schedule for my blog work – Establishing a cleaning schedule has made a world of difference, I need to do the same for my work. Giving myself this month to establish a schedule and hopefully by next month I can start implementing it.
- Take Everyday Unicorns more seriously and start advertising – I started a t shirt shop (surprise!) and I’m in LOVE with the designs but I just haven’t taken much time to advertise besides the first week I opened. I’m looking forward to focusing more on that. PS if you’re a feminist blogger and want to help me promote, let me know!
- Closet clean out – I did a halfway closet clean out recently but I need to go HARD. Also gotta get that stuff out of the house because it doesn’t do much good if it just sits in a bag for weeks….not that I know from experience…
- Put on real clothes during the day – I work from home and y’all, most days I don’t even make it out of my pajamas. I find that I’m so much more motivated when I put on clothes and throw on some mascara so I’m going to work to do that at least 3 times a week.
- Batch write blog posts on Sundays – This makes my life so much easier but I rarely do it.
- Finish the blog courses I have purchased – I think this has been on my small goals list before, but it’s on here again.
Let’s do this, March.
- What’s on your list for March?
- What did you accomplish in February?