There’s nothing worse than going to your closet and not knowing what to wear, right? It’s so frustrating! If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the last year or so, it’s that fashion challenges are one of the BEST ways to get inspired and excited about what you’re wearing. Last week I decided I wanted to host a fashion challenge…but it had to be unique. That’s when I realized music was the perfect theme for me! I’ve brainstormed a LOT of song titles but I’m not sure the theme will last long term, so bear with me! Either way, as long as we’re all having fun I plan on continuing these fashion challenges….just don’t hold me to music theme forever, okay babes?
So without further ado….
These are just some suggestions to get you started – of course half the fun is interpreting the song however you would like so get as creative as you want!
1. The Jean Genie (David Bowie) – Let’s ease into our challenge with some denim. Work your favorite denim piece – a jacket, chambray shirt or just your favorite blue jeans!
2. Undone (Weezer) – You know, The Sweater Song? We’re on the home stretch of winter so bring out your favorite sweater one last time! (I promise not to destroy it.)
3. Breakfast at Tiffany’s (Deep Blue Something) – Get inspired by Audrey Hepburn’s classic Breakfast at Tiffany’s look. Or wear one of my favorite colors, Tiffany blue!
4. Boogie Shoes (K.C. and the Sunshine Band) – Go through your closet and pick out your favorite shoes, then plan your outfit around them! Make sure those kicks get the attention they deserve.
5. Black Cat (Janet Jackson) – Get out that liquid liner and work your very best cat eye!
6. Coat of Many Colors (Dolly Parton) – Bust out your boldest and brightest color combos today! Black is chic but colors can be just as lovely.
7. Air Force Ones (Nelly) – I love my Air Force Ones but just rock your favorite sneakers today! Bonus points if you pair them with something unexpected, like a dress or skirt!
Don’t forget to post the photos on Instagram, tag me (@valerybrennan) and use the hashtag #marchstyleremixed! Let’s have some fun and get inspired!
What day are you most excited for?! Leave a comment and let me know!