I know it’s been a little quiet around here lately but I promise there are good reasons and I’ll give you an update soon! This past weekend I had the joy of standing by one of my oldest friends as she married the love of her life. On top of that, I also had the honor of being her florist! As you can imagine, I’ve done a lot of sleeping, resting and relaxing this weekend to recover! Here’s a quick overview of next week’s Style Remixed prompts – don’t forget to get as creative and crazy as you want as these are just my interpretations of the songs listed.
These are just some suggestions to get you started – of course half the fun is interpreting the song however you would like so get as creative as you want!
8. These Boots Are Made For Walkin’ (Nancy Sinatra) – Bust out your favorite boots or booties!
9. Baby One More Time (Britney Spears) – Ahhh the iconic schoolgirl look. Rework the classic schoolgirl into something appropriate for your phase of life! Tall socks, plaid, pigtails…whatever you think! She also works a sporty look in the classic music video. Another interpretation would be a repeat outfit….if you love it, wear that baby one more time!
10. Black or White (Michael Jackson) – Go all black or all white…your choice!
11. Wrecking Ball (Miley Cyrus) – Copy Miley’s striking makeup look from this video. It’s amazing what some liquid eyeliner and a red lip can do for a girl’s confidence!
12. Michelle (The Beatles) – Parlez-vous Francais? Pull your favorite French inspired outfit for the day!
13. Those Shoes (The Eagles) – We all have those shoes in our closet…you know, the ones that you can never figure out what to wear them with? Get creative and WEAR THEM! If you hate how they look, toss them out the next day! 🙂
14. Freakum Dress (Beyonce) – As the Queen herself says, “every woman got one” so pull out that freakum dress from your closet! It doesn’t have to be super sassy, just whatever makes you feel confident, sexy and powerful.
15. Barbie Girl (Aqua) – Dress up like your favorite Barbie! If you can’t think of anything, just go with an iconic Barbie accessory – pink heels, pink lipstick or a super high ponytail!
Don’t forget to post the photos on Instagram, tag me (@valerybrennan) and use the hashtag #marchstyleremixed! Let’s have some fun and get inspired!
What day are you most excited for?! Leave a comment and let me know!