In 2015, this blog transitioned from kind of an all over the place lifestyle blog with NO niche to a pretty strict affordable fashion and beauty blog. Although I don’t want to go too far off the path I’ve carved here, I like the idea of including some posts that show a little more of my personality.
Nicole of Writes Like a Girl has a regular series that I really enjoy reading – each month she sets some small goals for herself, then at the beginning of the next month sets more goals and assesses goals from the previous month. I’ve already (privately) set a lot of goals for 2016 but I love the idea of being transparent and sharing some of my monthly goals here. Plus, what’s better than accountability of friends? Public shame!
- Read a book – This is kind of embarrassing to include but reading TOTALLY fell by the wayside for me once the holidays picked up. I need a quick read to get me back on track (always open to suggestions!) I tend to enjoy mysteries and sci fi best, so I’ll probably snag something along those lines.
- Post here 3-4 times a week – I was relatively consistent last year with my number of posts but since I’m traveling twice in January I know it will be easy for me to fall off the wagon.
- Engage more on social media – I’m GREAT at posting to social media. Things I’m not so great at? Engaging. I schedule things out and then by the time I’m done with that, I just forget (or am too lazy) to get back on and connect, which is insane and super selfish.
- Post at least 2 YouTube videos – I LOVE doing YouTube but for some reason it hasn’t been as fruitful as I had hoped so I’ve been a little discouraged lately. Here’s to at least 2 videos in the month of January. ps if you have any thoughts on what you might want to see on YT, def let me know! You can comment or email or hit me up on social media 🙂
- Come up with a spending limit for 2016 for clothes – I almost didn’t include this because I REALLY don’t wannaaaaaa. But I need to make sure I track my spending better this year than I did last year and I think a quarterly budget is a great way to do that. I’m going to spend this month doing some number crunching to see what I can afford and then I’m gonna be hitting up the sales to make the most of it!
- Establish a workout routine and stick to it – BOO. Another thing I’m not stoked about but I have to do it. I currently have a gym membership but I’ve realized that I alway just rotate between the treadmill, rowing machine and elliptical and I’m getting sick of it. Plus now that I’m traveling more I’d like something I can do while I’m away. I recently discovered that BeachBody has a streaming service and it’s super affordable so I think that’s the way to go.
- Practice hand lettering – One of my Christmas gifts was a hand lettering book and I’ve started practicing my strokes! I want to make this a daily practice and eventually turn it into more of a therapeutic hobby. There’s no better feeling than creating something with your own two hands.
So that’s it! I’ll be revisiting all of these at the beginning of February so stick around for that! Also don’t forget to check out Nicole’s blog so you can see everyone else’s goals! What about you? Have you set any short term goals for the month? Share them below!