This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
If I’m being totally honest (and y’all know I am always honest), I sat on these photos for like two weeks because I couldn’t decide what to write about this outfit. Don’t get me wrong, I actually LOVE this look, but I didn’t want to just write a “here’s what I’m wearing post.” I’m over those. As I mentioned yesterday in my small goals post, I’m going to really focus on creating high quality content for you guys so you actually get some great tips and info when you take the time to read my posts.
ANYWAY. I asked for help on twitter and a few of you guys gave me some amazing blog post ideas for this look! I’ve saved the rest for future posts because the suggestions were just so dang good! The one I landed on, thanks to some help from Christian, is how to create the perfect effortless chic look.
I pride myself on putting together looks that look effortless but, let’s be honest….they’re not at all lol. “Effortless” for me is what I wear all day while working at home – a tshirt, no bra and pajama pants. That’s not what we’re talking about here (duh), but it’s honestly not that much more difficult. Here’s what I do to craft a perfect “effortless chic” outfit.
- Start with the basics – An effortless chic outfit starts with super simple elements. Whether that’s jeans, a soft pant (like I’m wearing here), or your favorite black tee, effortless chic always starts with something simple.
- Add an unexpected shoe – For me, an unexpected statement shoe is the best (and easiest) way to “level up” an otherwise simple outfit. I could have worn a sandal or a ballet flat and it would’ve looked fine, but this black patent platform bootie takes it to the next level. It’s got that “wow” element that not everyone would pick for this outfit. (I know a lot of y’all were interested in these boots, they’re still available in most sizes and on sale here!)
- Accessorize – Duh! Effortless chic always needs a few accessories to bring the whole look together. If you’re doing the most with the rest of your look (like I am here), keep your accessories relatively simple. That’s going to keep your look in “effortless chic” territory instead of “extra.” Not that there’s ANYTHING wrong with extra, that’s just not what we’re going for.
- Hair and makeup (if you wear it) on point – Effortless chic is all about pretending like this was easy but you really want to be pulled together from head to toe. Don’t do anything toooo crazy but you want to be polished, so for me that means making sure my hair isn’t looking crazy and a full face of makeup. Obviously if you don’t typically wear makeup, then do what you normally do! Again, I kept my lip neutral to stay out of “extra” territory since I had a lot of eye makeup on.
- Be confident – The *real* key to effortless chic is confidence! A simple look with a few added touches and a whole lotta confidence.
And that’s it, my loves! Now go on with your effortless chic selves and make sure to tag me in photos on social media if you use any of these tips!