This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
Even though I’m an old lady now, today I’m celebrating back to school with an outfit that I would totally wear if I was actually going back to school. This outfit is definitely an example of how one statement piece can make the whole look! This holographic tank says a lot on it’s own so I paired it with skinny jeans and my patent white boots – my husband calls them my Stormtrooper boots lol. No other accessories, but I couldn’t resist matching my lipstick with my shirt – holographic is in, y’all!
This lipstick is Unicorn Tears by Too Faced (available here) and it’s soooo beautiful (you might have seen it going viral a few months ago, it’s more readily available now). It’s an iridescent lipstick that pulls pink, blue or purple, depending on the light and your skintone. Unlike most iridescent lipsticks I’ve tried, this one looks BEAUTIFUL on it’s own (how I’m wearing it here) or layered over other lipsticks. It’s also a fun nod to the 80s trend, which I’m suuuuper into right now and I predict is only going to grow so hop on board!
I also wanted to do a quick little catch-up of some of the media I’m into right now, because honestly I love reading (and writing) these posts! Pop culture is forever one of my favorite things. Here’s what I’m into at the moment – make sure you give me some recommendations in the comments! I’m always looking for new things 🙂
- Claws (currently on TNT) – I literally binge watched the first five episodes in one day. It’s a lot of fun – a really great crime show but it has ladies at the forefront, which is cool. Kind of like if Breaking Bad took place in a nail salon….maybe Saul Goodman is involved somehow? I say yes.
- Parks and Rec (Netflix) – Another rewatch of this gem. Not much to say here other than the fact that I officially think The Office is a better show (FIGHT ME)
- The West Wing (Netflix) – GUYS my parents watched this show like crazy when I was a kid! Finally giving it a try myself and so far it’s greaaaaat.
- Glow (Netflix) – A little late on this one, but I’m finally watching Glow and it is EVERYTHING. The only bad thing is, it’s not helping my current obsession with 80s fashion, hair and makeup (don’t let me get a perm, y’all).
- Nothing new (yikes) – I need to get my library card!
- The Hunger Games – I’ve been slowly rereading The Hunger Games here and there but not too seriously. Still just as good as the first time I read it.
- The Big Sick (in theaters now) – Y’ALL. I’ve been a big fan of Emily Gordon and Kumail Nanjiani for quite some time, and seeing their story play out on the big screen is just so beautiful. It brilliantly tackles soooo many topics including dating, religion, family relationships, cultures clashing, friendships, career and a bunch more. Honestly, just go see it. You’ll laugh and probably cry and then laugh some more. Love love love.
Listening to (podcasts):
- Pursuit with Purpose – A business-y podcast that’s more about being authentic and intentional instead of getting wrapped up in the numbers game. I think blogging can be particularly toxic when it comes to the “rat race” and looking “successful” so this podcast is such a breath of fresh air.
- Songwriter Showdown – One of my friends, Christian, and his buddy Dan have a podcast that pits songwriters up against one another – this season is Paul Simon vs Billy Joel. Each week they choose a new song from each artist, talk through the songs, and then choose a winner. A great listen, especially for folks who are fans of Billy Joel and Paul Simon.
- Breakfast for Dinner – My sweet friend Nicole from Writes Like a Girl and her dude team up for this fun, pop culture centered podcast. Although I AM still mad at Dago for the Glow spoiler 🙂 Seriously though, you should give it a listen – they even have special episodes for Patreon supporters!
I think that’s it for now, folks! Don’t forget to leave me some pop culture recommendations in the comments!
ps if you made it this far, I’m gifting you this “overly expressive face” outtake photo. Please don’t make this into a meme lol.