This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS. All opinions are mine alone. #ScoreAtCVS #CollectiveBias
I’ve got a confession, you guys – I don’t really get that into sports. That being said, if there’s an excuse to change up my beauty routine and have fun – count me in! I mean seriously, who doesn’t love a good themed party?! Since I don’t really have any football-related fashion items, I like to put my nails on full display on game day. You can grab everything you need for this tutorial at your local CVS – it’s a one stop shop for all your game day needs! You can even pick up the perfect game day snack to take to your game day parties, SNICKERS® bars (with special football themed packaging) and SNICKERS® Crisper Bars. (Click here to save $1 on SNICKERS® at CVS!)
Here’s what you need:
- Black nail polish
- White nail polish
- Brown nail polish (any medium brown, close to the color of a football)
- Green nail polish (as grassy green as possible!)
- clear tape
- a small makeup brush – the smaller the better (you probably won’t want to use this for makeup anymore)
And here’s what to do!
1. Paint each nail a solid color – I did two green, two brown and one white. If I’m being honest, I love how the white nail turned out and would probably do two of those and one green next time. But you can decide what you like best!
2. Create your football design – Use your detail brush and white nail polish to create football laces on the nail(s) you painted brown. Start with a vertical line down the center and then add a few short horizontal lines. Don’t worry if it’s not perfect (mine isn’t)!
3. Add white lines to your football field nail – This one is sooooo easy! Just make some tiny “tick marks” along the edge of your nail with the makeup brush, then one horizontal line that goes all the way across the nail. If you’re feeling very artsy you can add numbers too but….I knew that would not go well for me so I kept it simple.
4. Add stripes to your referee jersey – Take a piece of clear tape and cut it into a small strip (mine was about 1/8″ wide). Tap the pieces of tape onto your skin so they’re not quite so sticky, otherwise it could pull up your white polish, and then press them onto your nail. I used two pieces of tape so my nail had two black stripes and three white stripes. Once your tape is pressed firmly onto your nail, paint black nail polish over the nail and then peel the tape off before your nail polish dries. My lines were clean enough that I didn’t even have to touch them up!
Now you’re ready for your game day party, you just need one thing…the perfect snack. I’ve got that taken care of for you, too! SNICKERS® and SNICKERS® Crisper Bars are the perfect game day snack you can grab and take with you to the party. They’re perfect to snack on before, during or after the game! CVS even carries SNICKERS® bars that have adorable football themed packaging! I would definitely grab some SNICKERS® Crisper Bars too though because y’all… they are so good.
You can also snack on a SNICKERS® bar while your nails dry…I won’t tell 🙂