I first heard about eyebrow extensions a few months ago and, of course, I was instantly intrigued. Thankfully I was blessed with relatively full eyebrows but they have a lot of bare spots that drive me nuts. And unfortunately you can’t really fill in bare spots at the front of brows with makeup and achieve the natural Cara Delevigne brows that I’m seeking.
So when I heard The Lash Loft in Dallas was the FIRST place in Dallas to offer brow extensions, I knew I HAD to try them out. This was a super exciting opportunity that I’m stoked to give you guys the details on!
Just to give you an idea of what happens, here’s what the brow extension process looks like:
- They’ll remove the brow products you have on currently (yes, you should fill in your brows before you go so they know what kind of look you prefer). The brow artist (I made that title up) will ask what kind of brows you’re looking for and mark up your brows to get the arch and size just right.
- He or she might pluck a few hairs here and there, especially if you’re like me and you let them go au natural on the regs.
- A bright light gets shined on your face and they apply the hairs individually – some will be attached to your skin and some will be attached to other hairs, depending on the shape of your brows.
- That’s pretty much it, the process itself is pretty simple!
You probably have like a million questions soooo here are some brow extension FAQs that I think might be helpful! Thanks to those of you who left questions on Instagram! If I’ve forgotten anything you think is crucial, let me know and I’ll see if I can get answers for you!
- How long do eyebrow extensions last? Anywhere from 5 days to 3 weeks, depending on how hard you are on your brows. I was losing hairs pretty quickly, mainly because I work out and my face sweats a lot. The hairs stuck to other hairs will last much longer than the ones glued directly on the skin.
- Do eyebrow extensions hurt? Not at all! The plucking is the worst pain during the process, which most people have felt before. After a few days, the adhesive started to itch a tad but I have very dry and sensitive skin.
- How much do eyebrow extensions cost? Right now you can get a FULL set for $100 at The Lash Loft in Dallas (or a full set of brows AND lashes for $175). You can expect to spend anywhere from $100-$300 on your extensions depending on where you’re located.
- Can you wear product over them? Because you can’t get your brows wet with extensions, you can’t really wear brow products over them (because you wouldn’t be able to remove it). Avoid products until your brows have mostly fallen off.
- How do you wash your face with eyebrow extensions? Everything below your brows, wash as normal. For your forehead, just lather your face wash and apply around your brows, then use a damp washrag to remove.
- Is the process similar to eyelash extensions? Yep, the process is fairly similar! Individual synthetic hairs are applied to existing brow hairs (or your skin if you have bald patches).
- Do eyebrow extensions look natural? VERY. No one would have ever known I had extensions – even when you looked close it was almost undetectable.
- How long do eyebrow extensions take? The whole process was a little over an hour for me. I’m sure this can vary a bit, depending on how much work you need done so plan for an hour or two.
I wish I had a before picture to show you guys (d’oh!) but trust me when I say all the “hairs” on the inner part of my brow are fake! There are also lots of synthetic hairs building up my arch. And this is with zero product – with brow extensions you wake up looking like this…well, besides all the other makeup. You can check the video on this post to see how my brows look without makeup (but don’t judge how I used to fill in my brows! I’ve learned since then! hah)
I have to say, I felt like a GODDESS when I walked out of that salon. I’ve literally never felt more beautiful and I was late to Kaia that night because I was taking selfies. That’s all so embarrassing to say, but it’s true. I’m such a brow lover and to have mine look absolutely perfect was a dream come true. Breana NAILED my brow shape and did such a great job just adding onto my existing brows to make them look their best instead of just making them look like everyone else’s brows.
At $100 for a set at The Lash Loft, the brow extensions are well worth the money, in my opinion. Especially for a special occasion. They would be lovely for a bride who wants a little extra boost on your wedding (although you’d probably want to do a test run a few weeks before to make sure you like them!)
So what are you waiting for, Dallas babes? Hurry up and call The Lash Loft and make your appointment! If nothing else, it’s worth treating yourself just to see what you look like with full and flawless brows. Make sure to tell them I sent you 🙂
Disclaimer: I received a free set of eyebrow extensions to try out but all opinions are my own.