This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
I know first hand it’s easy to end up with WAY too many brushes you don’t need, so here are my “essential” brushes – these are the ones I use daily and if I had to narrow it down I could get by with just these! This was actually supposed to be a part of yesterday’s post about building a makeup kit but I had to try to make it at least a liiiiiiittle bit shorter.
Believe it or not, with these brushes you can create your entire makeup look! $24 and you’re set!
- Real Techniques Blush Brush ($9) – This seriously changed my blush game. I’m SO much more comfortable with applying blush and I feel like it goes on way more evenly. Worth every penny.
- Beauty Blender ($18) – I was kind of a Beauty Blender hater for a while but honestly I LOVE how many things you can use them for. I use mine to apply my foundation, concealer and translucent powder. If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, try the Real Techniques version for $7!
- Eyeshadow Crease Brush – if you have can only invest in one eyeshadow brush, get a “C” brush. My favorite one is from Bdellium Tools and it’s $7. If you want something you can grab at the store, elf has a pretty good option that’s $3 – not quite as soft as the Bdellium tools but it gets the job done. Then you can just use your fingers to pat shadow onto the main part of your lid and your brow bone.
- elf Small Tapered Brush ($2) – This brush is perfect for applying highlighter and contour (just make sure to get the excess product off before you switch to one or the other!) And don’t forget to blend that contour!!!
- elf Eyebrow Duo Brush ($3) – This 2 in 1 is the way to go for brows.
For real, that’s all you need to create your entire look! You don’t need to buy a 20 brush set like I did. Save your money and only spend what you need to!
What are your favorite brand of brushes? Have you tried any of these?