This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
Last week I posted an edgy Valentine’s Day makeup tutorial (check it out here!) but if you’re just looking for a lipstick….you’ve come to the right place! Here are some of my absolute favorite pink and red lippies and guess what…they’re all from the drugstore and under $8! They’re also all cruelty free except for one (sorry bunnies!) Check out the video at the bottom for swatches of all of them!
Left to right, top to bottom:
- elf Cosmetics Gotta Glow Lip Tint ($6) – This is a sheer lippie, more like a lip balm. Perfect if you just want a wash of pink and soooo comfortable on the lips.
- Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake ($8.50) – A gorgeous, flattering light pink with surprisingly good coverage. The color is relatively buildable, it’s easy to apply and definitely doesn’t require a liner. Wears off naturally but is definitely not long lasting.
- NYX Cosmetics Round Case Lipstick in Narcissus ($3.99) – I kind of can’t believe people don’t talk about these lipsticks more often – they’re so easy and comfortable to wear, come in tons of shades and they’re FOUR BUCKS! This super pink Barbie pink is my favorite shade I’ve tried – just so dang fun and surprisingly flattering.
- NYX Liquid Suede Lip Cream in Tea & Cookies ($6.99) – A super soft pink that’s a little darker and more subtle than Narcissus. The finish dries to matte and the staying power is pretty good – you’ll probably need to reapply after eating though.
- NYX High Voltage Lipstick in Privileged ($5.99) – I love the High Voltage lippies because the skinny tube makes them super easy to apply. This color looks a lot brighter than it is once it’s on the lips but it’s still really fun to wear. The finish is more like a highly pigmented lip balm.
- NYX Liquid Suede Lip Cream in Pink Lust ($6.99) – Holy goodness this is HOT PINK. I think this would be so fun for Valentine’s Day with a simple black cat eye and some heavy mascara. Easy look that will pack a punch.
- Essence Longlasting Lipstick in Blush My Lips ($2.99) – More of a “toned down” hot pink, this lipstick is surprisingly easy to apply and pigmented, especially for the price. I love it when a dark color like this doesn’t require a liner to go on clean.
- NYX Matte Lipstick in Street Cred ($5.99) – Probably NYX’s most famous line of lipsticks, this one is almost a neon red. It does have a bit of an orange undertone so if you’re self conscious about yellowing teeth I’d stay away from this one. But if you’re feeling up to it, this is a bit more non traditional than some of the other lippies on this list but I think still fits the bill.
- NYX Liquid Suede Lip Cream in Kitten Heels ($6.99) – Okay I promise this is the last Liquid Suede Lip Cream – they’re just so good! This is really the bombshell red lip – it leans toward blue not orange so you won’t have yellow teeth 🙂
- NYX Matte Lipstick in Perfect Red ($5.99) – The most perfect red for real. It goes on EVERY skin tone, it’s long lasting and the finish is matte without being too drying. The only caveat is you’ll probably need a liner with this one – it’s not super easy to apply, especially on the edges of the lips.
Or if you’re feeling grumpy and you want a lip color that reflects the color of your soul (lol)…
- NYX Wicked Lippie in Cold Hearted ($5.99) – A metallic charcoal lippie that’s way more flattering than it sounds. Not quite as harsh as black, but still gives the same effect. I always get tons of compliments on this shade and if you wear it on Valentine’s Day you’re sure to turn some heads.
What color lippie are you going to be rocking on Valentine’s Day? Which one should I wear? I can’t decide!