The other day I was browsing Cameron Profitt’s blog and I ran across her summer bucket list….which made me realize….holy crap it’s basically already summer. 2016 is seriously flying by – and I’ve gotta make sure I make the most of it. So I’m here to take a page out of Cameron’s book and make my own Dallas summer bucket list.
(Sorry I look so angsty in these photos – some days I just can’t smile properly lol). Photos by Stephanie Drenka.
One of my first ever blog posts was a summer bucket list back in 2014 (you can read it here) so I’m kind of excited to revisit this. I think I kind of failed that year, so here’s to hoping I do a little better this time around.
- take a weekend trip to Schlitterbahn
- attend free concerts and events nearby
- relax by the pool
- finally make it to Steel City Pops
- watch fireworks on the Fourth
- work out at least 50 times and see some results
- take a photo at the Chewbacca mural in Austin (that I FINALLY found out where it is thanks to a local friend)
- plan my next vacation (probably another trip to Denver but we’ll see)
- lots and lots of snow cones
- go to my first ever drive in movie
- read 5 books
- visit the Dallas Zoo (FINALLY)
Summer also means I’m saying goodbye to this duster until fall and I’m so dang sad about it. Texas summers are no joke though, and a long cardigan is just unnecessary. For spring, I have loved styling it with shorts – perfect for those days (like yesterday) that still have a chill in the air but are too warm for jeans. I actually nabbed this cardigan on clearance at Target during the winter, so I’ve had plenty of time to wear it. It was on my “wish list” for a while so getting it for a good price was amazing – basically what I’m saying is dreams do come true, y’all.
Also hi, how great is this bag?! I picked it up at Sam Moon a month or two ago – they have TONS of really cute kitschy bags (and lots of other great stuff). If you’re in the market for a big, Sam Moon’s still got it, Dallas babes. This isn’t sponsored or anything, just sharing a good find 🙂
What are you planning this summer? Anyone have any awesome plans or something I should add to my bucket list? Help a girl out!