This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
Since it’s a busy week (I’ve got family in town), this will likely be my only blog post this week. BUUUUUT I’m really stoked about this look because I’m hoping it will be helpful for you guys.
New Year’s Eve might just be my least favorite holiday of the year. There’s SO much pressure to go out and do something, but I’m not really much of a party girl. But I also have FOMO so I hate sitting at home when I know other people are out and about. Usually I end up hanging out at home or getting together with a few friends, but I still like to feel like I’m “part of it” by taking part in traditional NYE activities. You know – eating junk food, watching the ball drop, drinking, etc. Another one of those activities, of course, is finding the perfect NYE outfit.
If you’re just hanging out at someone’s house or going out to dinner, NYE is a much less formal event – it really doesn’t call for a sequin dress or anything crazy. Buuuuut if you don’t want to miss out on the fun, something like what I’m wearing is a great option. Basically, we’re taking a casual look and adding some fun NYE outfit elements to create something that’s appropriate for the occasion, but still fun and seasonal!
From head to toe:
- Start with a beanie for that “cool girl casual” feel.
- Add a top that’s a fun pattern or texture. I opted for a lace up velvet bodysuit but lace, sequins, or anything shimmery will also work great.
- A statement coat always packs a big punch – this one is more subdued than most of my other statement coats, but the texture of the faux fur and the super long length gives it that “wow” factor.
- Boyfriend jeans make the whole thing even more casual – skinny jeans would work too but I wanted to be comfortable and all my jeans are a liiiiiittle tight right now lol.
- Put on some ridiculous jewelry. I added two huge statement rings to make this casual outfit a little more over the top.
- Layer tights under your jeans. This one is SUCH an easy way to level up your look. I picked up these star print Steve Madden tights at DSW for $4 because stars are SO trendy right now and I thought it was a great way to get in on the trend without dropping a ton of cash. That being said, regular fishnets would do the trick, too!
- Last but not least, finish with a strong statement shoe. These studded heels from Shoedazzle are fancy enough to feel like a special occasion, but casual enough to not feel out of place.
Man, I’m sorry this is so lame but this outfit really just gives me the warm fuzzies. I’m stoked it’s the last outfit for 2017 because I feel like it’s a real sneak peek of where my style is headed in 2018. I’m STILL nailing down my personal style but this look is a pretty good representation (anyone want to help me come up with words to describe this look?!) So expect more like this in 2018!
Psst have y’all seen the Ocean’s 8 trailer?! I seriously cannot wait and for some reason this outfit really made me feel like an Ocean’s 8 cast member. I’m not mad about it.