This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NeverTooHungover #CollectiveBias. Messaging below is intended for ages 21+ and is intended to be enjoyed responsibly, in moderation.
Happy Monday! If you’re like me, you had a very fun but VERY busy weekend. I already know that tonight I’m going to want to sit back and relax and (if you’re over 21), sometimes that means having an alcoholic beverage! Unfortunately I’m pretty prone to hangovers so I tend to avoid drinking on weeknights. Adulthood is rough! I was just introduced to I Never Too Hungover and I love it! I really can’t afford to lose a whole day in bed just because I want to have a few drinks with friends the day before and Never Too Hungover totally solves that dilemma! Drinking Never Too Hungover Prevention before an evening of drinks helps prevent hangovers the next day (recommended for up to 7 drinks), and drinking Boost after drinking will help you recover.
Bonus: even if you’re not drinking alcohol, Boost can be used to help boost your energy! I know I’m not the only one who needs a pick me up from time to time.
We’re finally feeling the fall weather here in Dallas, but if I’m being honest…my choice of beverages are still stuck in the summer. Even when it’s chilly, I would much rather have something bright and refreshing than spicy or hot. It’s just not my cup of tea (see what I did there?) One of my favorite drinks lately is a Brazilian limeade but today I’m making it with a little twist by adding in vodka! This is a drink I enjoy year round – during the spring and summer it’s perfect for cooling off and during the fall and winter it’s great for when I’m dreaming of warmer temperatures. Although it’s made in a blender, this is not a frozen recipe, the few ice cubes just chills the water. Totally appropriate for all seasons!
For this recipe, which makes four servings, you’ll need:
- 3 small limes cut
- 3 T sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c sugar
- 3 c water
- 3 shots of vodka (or any liquor you like)
- a handful of ice
Here’s what to do:
- Wash your limes thoroughly.
- Cut the lime into wedges (don’t peel them!) and put the wedges into the blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender, including a handful of ice.
- Pulse your blender until the limes are blended into small pieces and there are no more chunks of ice – you will see green bits of lime floating around, which is normal!
- Pour the drink through a fine mesh strainer either into a pitcher or straight into a glass. This step is CRUCIAL, otherwise your drink will be too bitter and you’ll have lots of chunks of rind.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
If you’re in the Dallas or Houston areas, make sure to visit your local Sam’s Club for the Never Too Hungover Road Show. They will be in stores in Dallas on October 27-30, November 3-6 and November 10-13 and in Houston October 27-30 and November 3-6. Never Too Hungover is not available for purchase at Sam’s Club just yet, so make sure to wait and visit once the Road Show arrives! You can also pick up all the ingredients you need for this recipe at Sam’s Club so it’s a total one stop shop!
- What’s your favorite drink to make at home
- Have you ever tried Never Too Hungover?