Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links. Affiliate links mean if you click or make a purchase, I get a few cents back. Thanks for your support and for making this blog possible!
I LOVE this look but for some reason when I sat down to write this post…it just wasn’t happening. The words just wouldn’t come and instead it was just a bunch of random thoughts that popped into my head. So today, that’s what I’m giving you – the random things I thought about when I was trying to write this post. And because I believe in transparency, it’s going to be honest. (And this is probably the case for outfits a LOT of bloggers wear. And that’s okay.) Fashion blogging isn’t always rainbows and sunshines, people, so here’s some real talk!
- I bought this dress like three months ago. It’s been sitting in my closet because I’m not fancy enough to wear it anywhere. (It’s still available in a few sizes though!) This happens more than fashion bloggers would like to admit.
- I finally decided to take outfit photos in it and it’s too big in the chest, at one point I literally put rolled up packing tape to try to hold it up (it came unstuck immediately). I should probably just tailor it but….ya know.
- My arm is holding up the dress in most of the front facing photos. That’s not a cute pose, it’s just me trying to keep my boobs in my dress.
- These shoes, although beautiful, are hilariously uncomfortable. I’ll still wear them but it’s not a fun time.
- My hair honestly doesn’t look this great in person – photos LOVE bright colored hair. I mean I love my hair but seriously it looks sooo much cooler in photos so don’t be too jealous.
- After I took these photos, I changed into this outfit and then went to the movies. This dress might not make it out of my closet again for at least six months.
- Oh also, I changed outfits in the back of my 17 year-old car parked on the street with my husband attempting to block the window. Fashion bloggers are EXPERT car changers, for real!
All this to say – blogging sometimes isn’t what it seems. I ALWAYS make sure to wear things I love, but sometimes the outfits get photographed and then never actually worn…and I’m sure I’m not the only person in that boat. I need to make it a point to wear these outfits more but either way, it’s a fun creative outlet. It’s fun to put together outfits that will look great in photos and that will (hopefully) inspire other people! I don’t really think this is a bad thing, but maybe some of you guys do! I work from home so most days I sit around in my pajamas or workout clothes – I probably put makeup on twice a week. I just never want to misrepresent myself, I don’t want you guys to think I live this super glamorous life 7 days a week.
Two other things about this look.
- This outfit has me feeling like a Kardashian and I do not hate it. Something about the silhouette (except theirs would’ve been tighter for SURE) and the head to toe monochrome made me feel awesome.
- Also the shoes are from Kendall + Kylie so…see #2.
And ONE more thing….to hell with shapewear! Does my stomach kind of show in some of these photos? YEP. I decided I straight up do not care. I used to, and I’m sure some days I still would but today…nah, I don’t care. My body is perfect for me and it’s hella strong. Also my booty looks great in this dress and let’s be honest, shapewear would just make it smaller. And I’m not here for that. I mean if you love shapewear, that’s great but please don’t feel like you “have” to have it. It’s okay to not have a perfect hourglass figure or have a few lumps here and there. Seriously.
Welp. This has been a very random and candid post so…I hope you liked it? I don’t know, the next one will have more helpful information, I promise.