This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DesignedMega #CollectiveBias
Even though I don’t have any kids myself, this “back to school” time of year always has me itching for change. I almost miss the days of moving into a new dorm room or apartment each year and getting to redecorate! This year, I’m celebrating the back to school season by focusing on refreshing my bathroom. In my opinion, the bathroom is one of the hardest rooms to decorate and organize. There are so many things you need to have in there, but it’s typically the smallest room in the house. If you’re like me and you rent, it’s even more difficult because you can’t do anything major! Here are some of my favorite decorating tips that I’ve put into practice recently to help keep my bathroom tidy and organized.
1. Make sure everything has a space! Nothing should ever just be left on the counter or the floor – not even a scale! I have a big empty space under my bathroom counter so I put two decorative baskets underneath to hold some things that don’t have a home. It’s also where I keep my Quilted Northern Ultra Soft & Strong® (Mega Rolls), because honestly, I think it’s unsanitary and unsightly to keep toilet paper right next to the toilet! Thankfully, the Mega Rolls have 4X more sheets than a standard roll so you don’t have to refill as often for guests! I just put a fresh roll out and leave the rest in this nice basket – they’re still put away and tidy, but in clear sight just in case.
2. Go vertical. One of my favorite decorating tips for any room in the house – if you’re low on space, always go vertical. Instead of having your q tips and cotton balls in side by side containers, use apothecary jars or other stackable containers to save on a little counter space.
4. Supplement your decor with things you already have. I used to have a basket holding all of my hair products on the counter, but they would fall over all the time because the bottom was warped. So…I went downstairs and grabbed a cake stand I never use and threw my hair products on that! It’s unique, it’s a nice flat surface and because it’s up off the counter, it gives the illusion of more counter space. This allowed me to refresh the space without having to buy something new!
3. Use a basket or small container on the back of the toilet to hold some sample products for guests. You can also store an extra bottle of hand soap, feminine hygiene products, flushable wipes and anything else guests might need (but won’t want to ask for!) These small touches go a long way with guests!
5. If you have a lot of wall space, use that for organization! Install wall shelves or, do what I did in my last apartment and throw a square basket on the wall to hold your bath towels. I’m obsessed with this circle shelf I just got at Target and it’s VERY spacious.
6. Move things out of the bathroom if you don’t have space. My bathroom is pretty small (and to be honest…I have a lot of stuff) so I recently moved all my makeup into my office space and turned that into a makeshift vanity. Now, my bathroom counter isn’t constantly covered in makeup! We also keep our bathroom towels in the linen closet just outside the bathroom instead of taking up all the space under the bathroom sink.
My shower curtain, wire basket under the counter and gorgeous circle shelf are all available at Target now! They have tons of other goodies that will help you complete your bathroom refresh, whether you want to do an entire bathroom overhaul or just switch out a few things. You can also pick up Quilted Northern Ultra Soft and Strong Mega Rolls at Target – I found mine on an end cap! If you’d prefer to shop online, you can use the Target Subscription service and save time and money.