This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RoadTripOil #CollectiveBias
My husband and I both work remotely, which means we take lots of road trips together! We don’t have any long road trips on the agenda for the next month or two but we are always traveling in the Dallas/Fort Worth area to discover the best new restaurants and things to do! The DFW Metroplex is really large so traveling all the way across it can take up to an hour and a half – definitely a road trip in itself! We made a day date out of roadtripping through Dallas to visit some of our favorite spots – first we hung out at Vitruvian Park, we went to see Ghostbusters at Alamo Drafthouse (yes I wore a Ghostbusters shirt to see the movie) and then afterwards we ate dinner at Bistro B!
Even with shorter road trips like this one, you still have to treat it like a road trip! Driving all over town can get exhausting if you’re not prepared. I’ve got five tips to making the MOST out of your road trip, whether it’s a few hours or a few days long!
1. Hydrate ahead of time – This one makes me sound like a total mom but it really is important to hydrate the day before a road trip! Especially when it’s hot out, the sun can be draining and really tough on your body so making sure you’re fully hydrated before you even leave is essential. Plus if you wait and try to hydrate minutes before the trip…you’re definitely going to have to stop to take an extra bathroom break!
2. Get your oil changed – If you’re going to be putting a lot of miles on your car during a road trip, you’ve gotta make sure you get your oil changed! My car is a 2001 with quite a few miles on it so I always make sure to stay on top of my oil changes. I love stopping by my local Walmart’s Automotive Care Center to get an oil change – it’s super convenient, plus I can shop for all of my other road trip goodies while I wait! I absolutely hate waiting at a standard mechanic, I just get too bored! It’s so nice to drop my car off at the Walmart ACC and be able to shop for things I need while I wait. They also use Pennzoil® High Mileage Vehicle® motor oil, which helps clean out the sludge lesser oils leave behind and helps reduce leaks and oil consumption in worn or higher mileage engines. It’s specifically made for vehicles with more than 75K miles to help keep your engine running clean and going strong. Oh and guess what – Pennzoil High Mileage is on Rollback at Walmart now through September 28th! (Click here to find your closest Walmart Automotive Care Center!)
3. Build the perfect playlist – Is there ANYTHING better than a road trip playlist? I’ve learned that the most important thing when constructing the perfect playlist is to keep your audience in mind. My ideal playlist would be nothing but 90s boybands and bubble gum pop buuuut I try to keep that to a limit when I’m going on road trips with my husband. Instead I keep it to songs we both like – The Lonely Island, Weird Al, The Beastie Boys, 80s power ballads and Queen. Look into some different streaming services, with most of them you can download a playlist to your phone so it’s store there – that way you’re not using data on the road! Win win! Here’s my most recent road trip playlist if you need some inspiration:
4. Stock up on snacks – This one is a no brainer but I had to include it….stock up on snacks before hand! You’ll save a lot more money buying snacks at a regular store instead of gas stations along the way. Plus you’re much more likely to make healthier choices if you get them ahead of time. I like to put mine in individual containers to help with portion control and to keep them from getting crushed in the car. Bonus: you can shop for snacks at Walmart while you get your oil changed!
5. Pack those face wipes – I tend to get really greasy when I’m on the road, so I love having my favorite face wipes handy when I just want to freshen up. I don’t usually wear makeup when I’m on road trips so I don’t have to worry about wiping my makeup off with them. Don’t tell him I told you, but my husband loves using face wipes to freshen up on trips too!
Where are you planning on road tripping this summer?
When was the last time you took a road trip in your own city? What did you do?