I first discovered this muffin recipe about three years ago and every fall I make it over and over again because it’s just too delicious! Not only are these pumpkins muffins delicious, super moist, and Weight Watchers friendly…they’re also literally the easiest thing to bake in the history of baking. This recipe is all over the internet so I’m definitely not taking credit for that….just sharing it with you lovely people.
WARNING: I am not a food photographer….these pictures aren’t really very cute. I apologize.
Here’s what you start with. That’s right – a box of spice cake, can of pumpkin, bowl, spatula and a cup of water. That’s it.
Mix it all up – I promise you a spatula will do the trick just fine. No need to bust out a mixer for this one.
Divvy it up into a muffin tin – 2/3 of the way or so and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 mins.
Take them out of the tin and put them on a cooling rack so they don’t get soggy and weird. These will last about a week or so – I like to keep mine in the fridge and heat them in the microwave before I eat them. If you’re cooking for one and don’t want to live on a diet of muffins alone, just pop those bad boys in the freezer.
Annnnnd now I’m realizing I probably should’ve put them on some cute plates to take one last picture. Oops.
Here’s the recap:
1 box of spice cake mix-whatever brand is cheapest (JUST the dry mix, don’t make the batter)
15 oz can of pumpkin-again, whatever brand is cheapest
1 cup of water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your muffin tins or use liners. I prefer liners because….lazy.
2. Pour all your ingredients into a bowl and mix with a spatula. Don’t use a mixer because then you’ll have to clean more stuff.
3. Put the batter into the muffin tins – fill until about 2/3 of the way full. This recipe will yield about 2 dozen muffins.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or so. The muffins will still be VERY sticky and moist, as long as the top is browned you’re totally fine. There’s no raw egg so chill out…you’ll be okay.
5. Eat a million of them because they’re not very bad for you and they’re delish!
Seriously you HAVE to try these things.