Disclaimer: I received some items courtesy of Boohoo for the purpose of this post. Of course, all opinions are my own.
I hope you guys know that I try to be really transparent on social media and this blog. That being said…I was thinking about it, and there’s still SO much y’all don’t know about me! I always like getting to know bloggers better so I wanted to give you a bit of insight into who I am. I tried to come up with some random things that even my closest friends wouldn’t know…we’ll see if I succeeded.
– I used to compete in bible drills. I can’t even explain them but I found this video. (I will say those are some of my fondest elementary school memories but it’s still kind of weird when I think about it).
– I’ve always lived in Texas.
– I can’t smell skunks – I have anosmia which means there’s one particular thing I can’t smell and in my case…it’s skunks!
– I have pretty thick legs. I had skinny legs growing up but over the last few years my legs have gotten WAY thicker. I’m honestly fine with it, it just means I’m one step closer to being Beyonce. The bad news is, it has made it almost impossible to find fitted ankle boots that fit me. Thank GOODNESS I nabbed this pair from Boohoo – they’re sold out now but they fit REALLY well, which makes me think some of their other boots might work too? Also, unlike all the boots I tried at DSW, these have a tiny elastic part on the inside of the leg so they’re more forgiving than leather/faux leather.
– I am SO MESSY. Not dirty though – just messy.
– I count letters…like a lot. I make little math problems out of words (I’ll look at the word and try to figure out how the numbers might relate) and I can tell you right away what number corresponds with what letter of the alphabet. (P=16, H=8, etc.). It started when I was a kid, I would do this and also count my steps EVERYWHERE. At least the step counting went away?
– The first movie I remember seeing in theaters was Fern Gully (my mom and sister were seeing Fried Green Tomatoes but I wasn’t allowed to watch that).
– I’m a diehard Beatles fan.
– As a kid, my favorite things were: Ninja Turtles, Barbies, Power Rangers, Batman and Dinosaurs (the tv show). Which honestly makes perfect sense if you know me now.
– I’m a pop culture fiend – even if it’s something I don’t watch/care about, chances are I can still give you a good rundown of what it is.
– My all time favorite tv show is Breaking Bad.
– I played violin for 8 years…and I was pretty good. Then I quit because….high schoolers are little punks. (Sorry high schoolers!)
– Speaking of high school…I was the volleyball manager in high school because I didn’t want to play sports or take PE.
– My first concert was Jimmy Buffett when I was 5 – my parents had to move me over a few seats because the guy next to me started smoking…an illegal substance.
– I don’t like coffee, not because I’m too good for it…I just really don’t like it.
– Attending a VERY conservative university actually turned me liberal lol.
- Okay so I have to ask – did you learn anything new?!
- Tell me something weird about yourself in the comments!